Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I'm Baaaaaack!

I'm back in BA! So excited to be back and excited to see what the next 3ish months has in store.  But we'll get to that.

It's been awhile and a bunch has happened like:

1. GUESTS! I had some fabulous guests, with whom not only did I have a blast (is that proper English? I am forgetting), but I also had their never -repayable help on the way home from BA for wedding festivities.  (See point 2)

 Frankie and me outside on the top of Palacio Barolo 
We were outside the Casa Rosada crying "Eva Peron!" (or more like "Change my 100 peso note, for the love of god!)

 Brady and I break down. The man behind us registers his disgust. 
Club Human! Also known as the best going-out night of my entire life. Yes, Swayz, I had help with the pictured bottle of champagne. 


2. Hand Wounds! Wow, this was scary. I know I used this joke on lots of my friends already, but there goes my hand modeling career. What trip to South America is complete without a trip to the ER in an ambulance (they have neater sirens here),  a doctor whose favorite place in the world is Central Park, 12 stitches and giant bandages?! The "best part" about this was that it was 100% completely free. Pause there for a second. Not only do I not have health insurance, but I am not an Argentine citizen.  Amazing. This would have costs thousands in the US.

Scroll quickly if squeamish:



3. This lady got married on Cinco De Mayo- seriously, what could be a better combo?: 


4. I got to wear my taco costume . 

5. There was a photo booth. On Cinco De Mayo. With a taco costume in the nearby vicinity:


Now that I'm back in BA, I'm busy planning portions of the next 3ish months (can't quite get the planny plannerson out of me altogether). On the shortlist:

1. Got a pair of custom-made boots. In the land of leather and (hot) polo players,  a fabulous exchange rate and cheaper prices, this is THE place to do it. They ship anywhere in the world, so if you're interestedddd:
http://www.lacasadelasbotas.com.ar/

2. Trip to Galapagos! I got a pretty cool camera to get up close and personal with the animals (and Julie's bridesmaids, much to their chagrin- sorry ladies) and I'm really looking forward to it, especially to camping on the islands for 2 nights with said animals!

3. Picking up the Spanish: Wow, I need to get back on the bandwagon, my friends! I think I said "You should hang up that painting on the vest" yesterday. Ugh. At least that's better than wandering into a pregnant ladies' yoga studio like I did in January.

4. Volunteering: I have a new position volunteering in BA starting May 15! I'm excited since I have wanted to get back into it for awhile- plus it will be a great way to enhance #3 above. I don't exactly know what I'm doing yet since I was supposed to go to a meeting the day I decided to cut open a vein and bleed all over my apartment building. (Thanks, Lorena, Arturo and Elba for being my first responders and clean up crew!)

5.  Teatro Colon: My friends and I want to make sure we get an opera in while we're down here...BA is supposed to have some of the best opera in the world, rivaling NYC, London and Paris. Really excited to check it out.  Maybe while I'm there, I'll try out...I am pretty good at karaoke....

6. Potential trip to Colombia!....Not sure if, when, how, where, how long, etc yet, but research is starting in 3...2...1..

Thanks for checking in! Looking forward to sharing the next 3 months with you! It's going to go quickly and then....real world again :(

1 comment:

  1. Jill, it was wonderful to quickly check in and gather intel on the past, present, and future events. Please, please, please take pictures of the giant turtles when you're visiting the galapagos islands. Love the taco wedding outfit.

    keep living the dream!

    ~joe

    ReplyDelete